How to Apply
To apply for a fellowship, we ask that you prepare and submit several documents, detailed below, to help us learn more about who you are as an individual and as a candidate.
Items to submit by June 3rd, 2022 at 6 p.m.
- Cover Letter or a 3-5 min. video: We are deeply interested in learning why you are interested in the “Achieve the Dream” Fellowship with Communities In Schools. Please prepare a one-page cover letter or a 5 min. video that addresses each of the following questions:
- Please tell us why you wish to be considered for the College and Career Success position (40 hrs. a week) OR for the Communication position (30 hrs. a week) and why?
- How did your experience with Communities In Schools (CIS) impact you? *Please tell us the year you were in CIS, the name of your campus, and the CIS staff person you worked with (Program Manager, XY-Zone Coordinator, SmartKids Coordinator, etc.) if you remember it
- How do you hope for this fellowship opportunity to contribute to your goals?
Provide a resume with your educational background, work experience, and skills. The resume should be no longer than two pages. If you would like free support in building your resume, please follow this link
3. Two References
We ask that you provide two references on your behalf from a current or former supervisor, teacher, counselor, pastor or other person who knows you well and can describe your skills, accomplishments and guiding values and principles. * At this moment we only need their name, email, and phone number. We will only reach out to them if you become a top applicant.
- The deadline to submit materials is June 3rd, 2022 at 6 p.m.
- Submit via an email to email@example.com.
- Email documents in PDF or Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will not be considered unless all of the requested materials are submitted no later than the deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their application has been received. Failure to receive the email confirmation means that the application was not submitted or received.
- If you have any questions about the application process or required materials, please contact Yreen Ortiz, CIS Central Texas Talent Acquisition Coordinator via email at email@example.com
For Video Submissions: If you decide to submit a video rather than a cover letter, the purpose of the video is for our Selection Committee to see you having fun telling the story of who you are. Make sure you address the three top questions above. It is up to you how you want your video to look.
- Short videos compressed to smaller file sizes may be emailed, but if the video file attachment is more than 20 megabytes (20480 KB), you will get an error message because the CIS Outlook email will not allow for very large attachment sizes.
- If you want to send files that are larger than 25MB, you may be able to do so through a cloud service like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, or iCloud.
- You could choose to set up a free VIMEO account. Then upload your video to VIMEO and send a link to your video in the email with your other materials. https://vimeo.com/join