Why Join AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a federal service agency with a network of thousands of programs across the nation, connecting over 80,000 individuals annually to support communities in need. AmeriCorps members participate in a service year that gives them both a monthly living stipend and an education award to use toward paying back federal loans or future education expenses. AmeriCorps members join to serve their community – but also to grow as individuals! Do you want to develop new skills, build a network, and gain valuable, hands-on experience? Whether you are just getting started in the workplace, taking a gap year, or looking to pivot careers, AmeriCorps provides a meaningful step forward on your path.
AmeriCorps members receive a modest living stipend, paid once per month.
The stipend amount and Segal Education Award vary by position.
As an AmeriCorps member, you will receive a variety of benefits to support you during your service year. Eligibility may vary. Click the icons below to learn more.
AmeriCorps members receive a modest living stipend, paid once per month. The stipend amount varies by position and is before taxes.
Full-time members are eligible for health coverage paid in full by AmeriCorps.
Segal Education Award
To be applied toward qualified student loans or educational expenses. Received at the end of service and good for 7 years.
Child Care Assistance
Members may be eligible for child care assistance.
Members may be eligible to apply for food stamps to assist with budgeting for necessities.
Member Assistance Program
Access to support services to ensure the well-being of all members.
Professional Development Opportunities
CIS AmeriCorps members have access to a wide variety of professional development services and events:
- 2 weeks of Member Orientation that will allow members to orient themselves to the AmeriCorps program and their campus
- Exclusive access to Auzmor Learning Management System and LinkedIn Learning to access thousands of online trainings
- Ongoing staff support, including monthly member check-ins with our Member Experience Specialist
- Training webinars led by AmeriCorps of Central Texas (ACT), a collaboration of ten local nonprofit organizations providing AmeriCorps service opportunities
- Life After AmeriCorps Conference
- Access to AmeriCorps networking opportunities, including membership to the AmeriCorps Alum Network and access to Employers of National Service