Care Coordination is a 2-Gen program that uses the “Wraparound” process to provide home-based intensive services to children and their families. Wraparound is a team-based process that utilizes the strengths of the family to create an individualized plan that helps them meet their needs and reach their desired goals and outcomes.
Contact Karin Florez, Program Director
Care Coordination serves families enrolled at 12 Austin elementary and middle schools: Allison, Hart, Harris, Rodriguez, Zavala, Ortega, Oak Springs, Mendez, Martin, Kealing, Dobie and Webb.
- Care Coordination participates in the schools’ Child Study Teams to receive and staff referrals.
- An interdisciplinary team is led by the Care Coordinator and by the parents that “wraps” the family with supports and services. With the support of the Care Coordinator, parents choose the goals they want to achieve during their participation in the program.
- A Plan of Care is developed by the team to address needs and strategize desired outcomes, as well as proposed interventions.
- Community and in-home services are coordinated by the Care Coordinators and provided by: therapists, mentors, tutors, parent coaches, case managers, and other professionals needed to achieve the goals of the family.
- Flexible funds are also available to help meet the needs of the family that may include access to social/recreation activities, psychological/psychiatric evaluations, assistance with basic needs, transportation, and assistance with bills in times of crisis when the family cannot access assistance in the community.
- Families are typically enrolled in the program for 12 to 18 months.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS:
“I have learned that it’s okay to ask for help. I am not alone and the feelings that I have are common. It’s okay to cry, but I just never thought so. I appreciate the staff’s work with my family. The kids and I have been less stressed by having their support.” – Family member
“As a family, we have grown to communicate more. We have learned to grow out of unhealthy habits that would hold us back as individuals. Now, we’re further in our lives more than ever, and we’re still growing. I feel that CIS has a tremendous impact on the growing of the families that they help. Without CIS, I wouldn’t have grown as a person and as a human all around. Thanks!” – Mother