The founding principle of Communities In Schools is to establish one-on-one relationships with individual students in order to support them beyond obstacles to success in school. Our staff work inside schools, providing a range of supports, including individual counseling or support groups, basic life skills, tutoring, mentoring, and enrichment opportunities. The goal of all these services is to engage students in learning and succeeding in school.
Specialized CIS Programs:
- AmeriCorps: professional development and opportunity to give back to the community
- ASPIRE Family Literacy: comprehensive literacy services for the entire family
- Care Coordination: intensive wraparound family support services
- Pebble Project: child abuse prevention and education
- SmartKids: on-campus and after-school supports for children living in public housing
- XY-Zone: leadership development and peer support for high school males