At Communities In Schools of Central Texas we are “all in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. We believe that every student, regardless of race, gender, ability, zip code, or socioeconomic background has what they need to realize their full potential in school and beyond. We achieve our mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who demonstrate a passion for what they do. CIS employees have a responsibility to demonstrate the organization’s five core values.
- Relationships. Cultivating Relationships That Work.
- Impact. Driving Student-Centered, Measurable Impact.
- Equity. Being Boldly Race, Equity, and Justice-Forward.
- Learning. Reflecting on Our Practice, Improving for the Future.
- Sustainable Excellence. Prioritizing Sustainable Excellence.
The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
The philosophy behind Communities In Schools is that every child needs and deserves five basics in order to be successful in school and in life:
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult;
- A safe place to learn and grow;
- A healthy start and a healthy future;
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation; and
- A chance to give back to peers and community.