2021-2026 Strategic Plan | Research & Data
For more than 35 years, Communities In Schools of Central Texas has been surrounding students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. As we embark on our next strategic plan period, we do so with a renewed commitment to educational opportunity for all, and with a focus on what comes after high school graduation.
So that CIS students will be happy, healthy and prosperous, CIS will focus on Program Excellence and the following goals:
- Goal #1: CIS Students will succeed in school
- CIS students close the math/ELA achievement gap at the rate of 3% per year served.
- 90% of CIS students improve Academics and Behavior and Attendance.
- CIS students achieve in life
- 51% of high school students who receive CIS services for at least two years enroll in post-secondary education.
- 51% of CIS high school grads that enroll in a post-secondary program successfully complete one full year of post-secondary education toward a degree or other credential.
- CIS will serve more students
- CIS will increase total students reached by 20% through partnerships and new and existing services, based on criteria we establish.
Math and Post-Secondary Achievement
Post-Secondary and Income
About Communities In Schools
Eliza, Class of 2020, CIS Supports Post-Secondary Goals