Communities In Schools Micro Grants
In late 2020, Communities In Schools of Central Texas launched its Micro Grants Initiative.
- The Micro Grants application was open to all campus-based team members
- Projects to receive Micro Grant funding to be selected by a committee made up of community members, CIS Leadership Circle members, and CIS students
- Awards will be announced on February 5, 2021
- Awardees will have until July 30, 2021 to implement
“The decision to fund the Micro Grants project was driven by the fact that it was a new initiative and offered an opportunity for the broader CIS organization to innovate. I really liked the concept of putting funding directly in the hands of program managers and students in the schools to see what they can do to create new programs or enhance existing offerings. The showcase at the end sounds like it could be a fun event and an opportunity to leverage the best program ideas more broadly across CIS schools.”
– Andrew Esparza, CIS Supporter