My Brother’s Keeper (MBK) Scholars is a program that supports postsecondary attainment and success rates for young Black and Latino males.
- Increase College, Career, and Military Readiness and Attainment Rates.
- Significantly raise the rate of scholars who enroll in and complete a degree or certificate in a post-secondary institution after high school graduation.
- Create or improve upon campus and district systems, and support a culture that fosters continuous improvement of post-secondary outcomes, especially for students of color who are low-income.
- Family and community engagement
- Individualized activities to meet students where they are
- Connecting students to future college and career options
- Support for scholars through postsecondary journey
Schools Served, 2022-2023
- Connally High School, Pflugerville ISD
- Hendrickson High School, Pflugerville ISD
- Pflugerville High School, Pflugerville ISD
- Weiss High School, Pflugerville ISD
- Crockett High School, Austin ISD
- 1,100 current MBK scholars in Central Texas
- 70% of 2020 and 2021 MBK Scholars cohorts transitioned successfully into postsecondary programs
- MBK Scholars have an 85% high school graduation rate