The XY-Zone supports and guides adolescent males as they journey into manhood. It is a leadership development and peer support program that develops productive life skills in high school-age, at-risk males.
Supportive Guidance, Service Learning Projects, Enrichment Activities, Leadership Opportunities, Cross Campus Activities
XY-Zone participants demonstrate improvements in grades, attendance or behavior; they decrease risky behaviors, increase volunteerism, leadership, and future aspirations, and they are challenged and empowered to aim high, get an education, and break the cycle of poverty.
XY-Zone Coordinators engage approximately 400 young men per year in activities focused on the Five R’s –Respect, Responsibility, Relationships, Role Modeling and Reaching Out.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS:
“This program got me out of gangs and showed me that I can trust other people. The guys in the XY-Zone program are like my brothers.” – Sammy, XY-Zone member at Reagan High School
XY-ZONE STUDENT GOALS:
- Students will remain in school and improve grades, attendance or behavior.
- Students will be empowered to focus on their futures, prepare for higher education and/or long-term employment, and break the cycle of poverty.
- Students will become leaders, advocating for non-violence, respect towards women, and peaceful communities.
- Students will transform their lives by instilling the five pillars: Respect, Responsibility, Relationships, Role Modeling, and Reaching Out
- Crockett High School
- Del Valle High School
- Eastside Memorial High School
- Hays High School
- LBJ High School
- Lehman High School
- Lockhart High School
- Manor High School
- Navarro High School
- Northeast High School
- Travis High School