Communities In Schools Program Managers connect personally with students who have been referred by teachers or administrators to improve student achievement. They create a service plan based on each child’s needs and then make that plan happen. They may provide individual counseling or support groups, basic life skills, tutoring, mentoring, or enrichment opportunities — whatever it takes to help the child succeed. The goal of all these services is to engage students in learning and succeeding in school.
Specialized CIS Programs:
- ASPIRE Family Literacy: comprehensive literacy services for the entire family
- Care Coordination: intensive wraparound family support services
- Pebble Project: child abuse prevention and education
- SmartKids on-campus and after-school supports for children living in public housing
- XY-Zone: leadership development and peer support for high school males