Click the red “PLAY” icon below to view the training video. Scroll down for facilitator resources and information about the training.
Be sure to read the important notice below for best accessibility of the video.
This is a free training resource designed to give anyone who works with children important trauma-focused information about how student learning and behavior is impacted by trauma and how educators and support staff can help students develop a greater sense of safety at school and begin to build new emotional regulation skills. Click here to learn more.
Additional Video Resources:
- Trauma 101 for Educators from CIS National
- Building Self-Regulation Skills in Students through Co-Regulation with Adults
- How Trauma Impacts the Developing Brain
Click here to read a new Research Brief on Addressing Trauma in Schools. It includes:
- Information on CIS and Integrated Student Supports
- Strategies to Address Trauma and Toxic Stress in Classrooms
- Mitigating the Impact of Trauma in Schools: An Example from Communities In Schools
The Trauma Training for Educators video works best on Mozilla Firefox, with a strong internet connection. Be sure to copy and paste the URL address into your Firefox browser, rather than just clicking the link: www.ciscentraltexas.org/resources/traumatraining/
Trauma Training for Educators was developed by Kris Downing, LCSW, the Clinical and Professional Development Coordinator for Communities In Schools of Central Texas. Throughout her 25+ year career at CIS, Kris has been dedicated to helping at-risk youth overcome challenges related to abuse, trauma, and mental health needs. Kris has worked as a social worker, advocate, and clinician.