Mission & Beliefs
The mission of Communities In Schools of Central Texas is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
CIS believes that every child deserves the Five Basics to succeed academically and beyond. The Five Basic Principles of CIS are:
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and community
Because CIS believes in the power of relationships, we provide on-campus integrated student supports that empower students to succeed in school and achieve in life.
The CIS Model
We provide supportive guidance and counseling and bring community resources into schools to empower success for all students.
CIS’ Integrated Student Supports Model is a school-based approach to develop academic success by tackling academic and non-academic barriers. CIS serves students of all ages from Pre-K through high school graduation. These supports are provided by professional staff who assess a student’s needs, and then provide direct services and/or make referrals to community partners to ensure a student has everything they need to succeed in and out of the classroom.
CIS provides three tiers of on-campus Integrated Student Supports where we provide our core services:
- Supportive guidance and counseling
- Academic support
- Access to basic needs supports
- College and career readiness
- Parent and family engagement
- Enrichment activities