Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis with the deadline to apply for a Fall Internship on September 15, and the deadline for a Spring Internship on January 15.
Position: As a campus-based intern you will be placed at one of our 86 campuses throughout Central Texas at the elementary, middle, or high school level.
Placement Timeframe: Fall Interns are placed on campuses from July through September, with a start date in late September through December. Spring Interns are placed on campuses from November through January, with a start date in late January through May.
This is an incredible learning opportunity for anyone with a strong interest in social work, counseling, education, or child care.
Position duties and responsibilities:
- Mentoring or tutoring one-on-one with students
- Leading student groups
- Organizing new campus initiatives
- Administrative duties
- Other duties and projects as directed by CIS staff
- The candidate is enrolled in a college degree program and serving the hours for class credit, or to gain required clinical hours toward clinical licensure.
- The requirements for the internship or practicum placement are a minimum of 150 hours over the course of one semester
- Interns with Communities In Schools of Central Texas must undergo and pass a fingerprint criminal background check prior to beginning on campus.
- Comfortable working in a changing and unpredictable environment
- Comfortable working with students who have experiences or life circumstances that may be very different from your own
- Willingness to remain positive and maintain an open mind
- Able to keep your personal, spiritual, and political viewpoints and beliefs to yourself