(Please read before filling out the application.)
The Communities In Schools of Central Texas AmeriCorps program can be a fun, challenging, and rewarding experience for individuals who come into the program with open hearts and minds.
Before moving forward into our application process, please consider the following questions:
- What are my reasons for committing to a year of service?
- Is this the right time in my life to commit to a year of service?
- Will other commitments in my life allow me to give this program the attention that is needed to be successful?
- I have evaluated and considered my living situation, and understand that I will be making $1,373/month before taxes as a full-time member, $962.50/month before taxes as a three-quarter time member, $686/month before taxes as a part-time member. Please click here for more financial considerations.
- CIS of CT AmeriCorps works within the school and the majority of the hours will be during a regular school day from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Considering part-time service? Important information for part-time applicants to read
*Please note we do not accept applications from the AmeriCorps National website or resumes.
**It is expected that all individuals chosen for an interview have a basic understanding of what Communities In Schools does, and what your role as an AmeriCorps member would be in our program.
If you feel that serving as an AmeriCorps member may be a time challenge, we would encourage you to seek alternate opportunities to serve your community. Click here to learn about volunteer opportunities with Communities In Schools of Central Texas.