In schools, in communities, and beyond, we remain all in for kids.
In these uncertain times, Communities In Schools of Central Texas continues to be hard at work focusing on our mission. We are deeply concerned for the well-being of our students and families. Loss of work and income, and being cut off from the school community can impact access to basic needs like food, shelter, and other necessities. School closings also pause the opportunity for students to connect with CIS staff, volunteers, and AmeriCorps members.
When students are in schools, and during times of campus closures and distance learning, we remain dedicated to their well-being and continued learning. Our CIS team is adapting to this ever-changing situation, and we are committed to doing everything in our power to support students and connect them to needed resources and services. We know that students will need to be re-engaged in school and
learning, and the financial and emotional impact of this pandemic will continue to challenge students and their families. Now more than ever, thank you for being part of our community of support.
Our plans for the 2020-21 School Year:
- Addressing trauma through emotional support and counseling
- Re-engaging students in learning
- Providing school supplies for students to use both on campus and for at-home learning
- Crisis support to fill in resource gaps and maintain family stability
- Home visits and providing basic needs items to families