Communities In Schools of Central Texas Basic Needs AmeriCorps VISTA
As an AmeriCorps VISTA, you can serve as an agent for change, living and working alongside community leaders to meet our nation’s most pressing challenges and advance local solutions. You will be able to gain experience and leadership skills that will set you up for a life of service in the public or private sector. Use your courage and creativity to address poverty in Austin and to provide critical support to clients by administering basic needs initiatives & developing infrastructure.
A VISTA member’s commitment to serve includes:
- 1-year term of full-time (40 hours/week) volunteer service
- Bi-weekly living allowance
- Professional Development Training
- Regular mentorship & coaching from a nonprofit professional at your service site
- Interest paid on qualified federal student loans by the National Trust
- Members elect to receive either a cash stipend or the Segal Education Award upon fulfillment of their service commitment
To officially apply for this AmeriCorps VISTA position, please follow the two-step process:
- Create a Profile — Create an AmeriCorps login/profile at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/recruit/registration.do
Once you have created a profile go to “Applicant home” then the Left tab and click “Applications” finally click “Create application.” Once you have created the application hit “Submit” You can now use this application and apply to this role.
- Apply — To apply for this specific role, copy and paste the link below into your browser. Click “Apply Now”, select your application and check boxes that apply, then hit submit!
Send Questions to Barbara Bitter Terracina, LPC, Basic Needs Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org