Communities In Schools of Central Texas AmeriCorps member benefits include:
- An incredible experience for your resume and memories that last a lifetime
- The satisfaction of seeing the students you help begin passing their classes and gaining self-esteem
- Professional training and experience
- An Education Award to pay tuition or qualified student loans for up to 7 years after you have successfully completed your service
- Full-time members may be eligible for healthcare coverage, and assistance with childcare expenses, if income qualifications are met
- A modest living allowance during your term of service
- Access to a network of Employers of National Service
- Access to nation-wide network of AmeriCorps Alumni
|AmeriCorps Member Benefits Table:
|$1,503 per mo.
|Health & Child Care
|900 (25 hrs/wk)
|$789 per mo.
|* Education Award Only
Note: All monthly living allowance disbursements are pro-rated based on the date you begin the program and all monthly living allowance disbursements are taxed. All information above are the pre-taxed amounts.
Part-time applicants, please note that although a part-time schedule has some flexibility, all part-time members will need to be able to perform 25 hours of service between the hours of 7:30am – 4:30pm. If you are a student, it is possible that these times will conflict with your school schedule. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Education Award Only (EAO) applicants, please note that EAO member positions are only available to individuals planning to complete a college/university internship through Communities In Schools of Central Texas.