AmeriCorps Application Instructions
- Complete our application for a full-time, part-time, or EAO position. Note: Only CIS Interns are eligible for the EAO position. Once you apply online, you will receive an email that details the next steps in the process. This email includes a link to our program specific reference form. Please note that we do not accept resumes and cover letters, you must fill out our online application.
2. Request your professional references submit a reference on your behalf using this Reference Form. Part-time and full-time applicants must have two reference forms submitted by professional contacts. Those applying for EAO positions only need to have one reference form submitted by a professional contact. References can submit the reference form, via e-mail, by clicking on the “Submit” button.
3. Begin to gather the required documentation: a valid driver’s license; your birth certificate or a valid U.S. passport; and your social security card. Failure to provide these documents at your interview will delay or revoke your acceptance into the program.
4. We will contact you about setting up an interview after it has been determined that you meet our qualifications.
5. Let the Communities In Schools of Central Texas AmeriCorps staff know if you have any questions! We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 464-9733.
Give back for a year. Serve your community. Change your life.
AmeriCorps is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service, an independent federal agency created to connect Americans of all ages and backgrounds with opportunities to give back to their communities and their nation.