Ask An Expert Video – How to engage a reluctant reader
Ask an Expert– How to pick the right book to read with your student
- Growth Mindset Toolkit – features information, tools and resources for mentors seeking to guide their mentees in cultivating perseverance, self-reflection, and positive decision-making, elements of a “growth mindset,” which can enrich their ability to learn and grow, especially in the face of challenges.
- Grief & Loss – Helping a Grieving Mentee
- Communicating with Youth – Real life examples to guide mentor relationships
- Building Relationships, a guide for new mentors
- Overcoming Relationship Pitfalls
- National Mentoring Center project resources
- Texas OnCourse empowers everyone who works with young people – pre-K through grade 12 – students, parents, teachers, volunteers, and counselors—to make decisions that will help students succeed after high school. They have organized leading college and career websites and tools from across the state into a resource library that students, families and educators can easily access.
- Counselors, advisors and teachers can start here.
- Career exploration game: MiddleGalaxy is a fun, interactive way for students to really understand different types of jobs.
- Extensive Resource Library
- 28 training modules for counselors and advisers on topics related to financial aid, postsecondary and career pathways. Be prepared to advise any student for any post high-school opportunity.
- Understanding High School Graduation Requirements – search by grade