Become an AmeriCorps member and make a difference in your community! Mentor and tutor at-risk elementary and middle school students in Central Texas schools. The Communities In Schools of Central Texas AmeriCorps program is enrolling members to serve for the 2018 – 2019 program year.
Communities In Schools of Central Texas, a non-profit social work agency, provides support by bringing resources and relationships to school campuses – – surrounding students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school, and achieve in life. CIS AmeriCorps members are placed at elementary and middle school campuses, where they serve as supportive mentors and tutors to at-risk students. We currently have positions available on campuses in Travis, Hays, and Caldwell Counties.
We are seeking self-motivated, committed, responsible applicants with a genuine passion for working with at-risk youth. Experience with children grades 3-8 preferable but not required. Bilingual applicants, military veterans, and individuals with disabilities are welcomed and encouraged to apply. We provide comprehensive training and support to members year-round.
CIS of CT AmeriCorps is an equal opportunity national service program. All applicants are considered without discrimination based on race, color, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or sex.
Dates of Service: September 4, 2018 – June 28, 2019. You must serve for the entire program length. Start and end dates are non-negotiable.
- Complete our application. Once you apply online, you will receive an e-mail that details the next steps in the process. This e-mail includes a link to our program specific reference form. Please note that we do not accept resumes and cover letters; you must fill out our online application.
- Request your professional references submit a reference on your behalf using this Reference Form. Please note that part-time and full-time applicants must have two reference forms submitted by professional contacts. Those applying for EAO positions only need to have one reference form submitted by a professional contact. References can submit the reference form, via e-mail, by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- Begin to gather the required documentation: a valid driver’s license; your birth certificate or a valid U.S. passport; and your social security card. Failure to provide these documents at your interview will delay or revoke your acceptance into the program.
- We will contact you about setting up an interview time after it has been determined that you meet our qualifications.
- Let the Communities In Schools of Central Texas AmeriCorps staff know if you have any questions! We can be reached at email@example.com or (512) 464-9733.