Children cannot learn at their potential when they are in crisis or face significant non-academic needs. Through campus-based programs and special projects, Communities In Schools creates a network of volunteers, social services, businesses, and community resources that work together to break down barriers and help students succeed.
Our mission: Communities In Schools of Central Texas surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
Communities In Schools of Central Texas serves thousands of children and families every year, providing options where there once were none. With your support, Communities In Schools can help kids stay in school and become productive members of the Central Texas workforce and community.
Specialized CIS Programs:
- ASPIRE Family Literacy: comprehensive literacy services for the entire family
- Care Coordination: intensive wraparound family support services
- Pebble Project: child abuse prevention and education
- SmartKids on-campus and after-school supports for children living in public housing
- XY-Zone: leadership development and peer support for high school males